Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Success


We've had a breakthrough. About 2 weeks ago Jack decided that he actually liked going to the Academy. One day when I dropped him off I was braced for the usual fit but when I set him down he looked at me and walked over to his teacher, Miss Bonnie, for a hug then joined his friends in the corner for a story. It was all I could do to not run over and hug him and tell him how proud of him I was. Instead I quietly tip-toed out the door and had a little celebration dance by myself in the car. Since then every time I drop him off he gives me a little hug and then happily hops down and scampers over to play with his friends. I'm one proud and relieved Mama! And, what friends he has. When he comes in the door a few of the kids say, "It's Jack!" and come over to welcome him to class. One little boy in particular is especially happy to see Jack, he runs over and immediately starts hugging Jack and then lays a few big juicy kisses on him. As Miss Bonnie says, "Brayden is right at that line of appropriate behavior, we have to keep an eye on the kissing or it gets out of control pretty quickly!" I can deal with the kissing as long as the drop off tantrums are over!

No comments: